Getting Started as a Therapy Team
1. Pass the American Kennel Club’s Canine Good Citizen Test.
2. Pass a leading agency’s Therapy Dog Certification Test.
- Click on the preferred links below for more information on each agency’s testing requirements, schedule and locations.
Please note that RRTD does not accept teams certified by Therapy Dogs INTERNATIONAL. We are happy to help you set up re-testing with one of the above agencies.
3. Fill out our Volunteer Application, then contact us. We’ll arrange a meeting with our Welcome Team. They will answer any questions and help you to:
- Submit a PA State Criminal History Request Form (Form #SP4 164) and follow the instructions for a New Record Check.
- After the state returns the above form, apply for a PA Child Abuse Clearance History (Form #CY 113 (UF) 6/11).
- Submit an FBI Fingerprinting Clearance.
For more information on getting started and training your dog for the CGC or therapy dog evaluations, please contact board member Susie Danzis at Training Tails Dog Training.